Translate

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

They Say It's Your Birthday!


OMG! I cannot believe it is Tyler and Sara Lynn's Birthday week.....let me take a moment and cry! What a special gift you both are! You will be 19 Friday, April 4th. Wait......I need another moment...sniff, sniff. 1 Samuel 1: 27-28 says, "I prayed for (these children) and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give (them) to the Lord. For (their) whole life (they) will be given over to the Lord."

I remember the frustration and heartache Dad and I went through when trying to conceive. All I wanted was a baby and I was willing to do just about anything to get one! As I look back, our faith was not strong, but God still chose to bless us with Baby A and Baby B. The "Gift Procedure" that we had in August of 1994 turned out to be two of the BEST GIFTS we ever received! We have not always made the right decisions as parents, nor been the best example for you and  there are things that we would most definitely change, but God has truly BLESSED us, He has been our Refuge and our Rock!

Psalms 127: 3-5
"Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court."

This is your first birthday that we will not be spending with you, but we want you to know as your parents, WE LOVE YOU and could not be more proud of the young people you are becoming. We realize this year has been a huge adjustment. You are learning how to trust God and claim your faith as your own. That's HARD STUFF! Heck, even Dad and I struggle. Even in the times we  have been faithless, God has always been faithful.

If you would allow me to give you some advice, memorize 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody." For me, this passage is referring to my daily walk, my testimony. It is our prayer that you both lead a life that pleases God, not one that conforms to this world. It is so easy to be caught in the snare of Satan, all he wants is to see both of you defeated. BUT....you must remember, Ephesians 3:20, (MSG) God can do anything, you know--far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, His Spirit deeply and gently within us." Although, we are celebrating your physical birthday this week, your spiritual birthday has given you the "power" that is being spoken of in Ephesians 3:20, YOU HAVE IT, He can do IMMEASURABLY more!

Happy Birthday Tyler and Sara Lynn! We love you as far as the east is to the west.





 






No comments:

Post a Comment