Translate

Sunday, April 27, 2014

You Can Lead a Horse To Water.....

Isaiah 55:1
"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost."


"You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink." How many times have I heard this saying? Yet, I never really gave it a second thought until I started teaching youth and also in the fact that I have three teenagers at home.

In Sunday School and at home God's Word is presented and I know that His Word does not return void, but the blank stares you get when you are wanting them to "GET IT"....ugh! They have been led to the "Water Source", but have decided not to drink the water.....YET! Oh my, I suddenly have the urge to call my youth pastor  and apologize for the times I gave him THE blank stare. He was leading me to the water, but I just wasn't drinking. So I remained thirsty!

In John 7:37-38, Jesus States, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."

There are times that we cry out to God and proclaim His promises, yet many times our lives do not reflect what we are saying or what we say we believe. You know the little saying, "Practice what you preach"? James 1:22 says, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. DO WHAT IT SAYS." Simple, right?

When you get up in the morning, does anyone have to tell you to eat breakfast, brush your teeth and get dressed? Maybe for some of you.....but for the most part; NO! We do not have to be told to do those things, because we were taught at a very young age. Remember when you first started wearing deodorant, if not; your mom sure does! She had to remind you everyday...."Did you put your deodorant on?" And hopefully  asked before you left the house, because if it was after school, she asked because of the foul odor that greeted her in the car when you arrived! God is the same way. He reminds us daily through His Word what we should do. Colossians 3:12-14, "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, CLOTHE (GET UP AND GET DRESSED) yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievance you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."

Just recently it was said, "Either God is Lord of everything, or He is not Lord at all!" God is leading us to the Water....He is the Living Water Source. It is our choice whether we are going to drink or remain thirsty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment