Translate

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Need Some Shake?

I love the fact that God saw fit to give us a small, beautiful blessing 13 years ago.....in the form of our youngest daughter, Jenny Beth. How would I describe her? She is beautiful, brown eyed, joyous, tells you what she thinks, lovable, and last but not least a head strong young lady. Jenny Beth has been pure joy from God. She is always smiling, even her eyes smile and dance! My Dad always says that he loves the way her eyes smile.

Jenny Beth has a glow about her that is hard to describe, but awesome to look at and enjoy, it is infectious. Mercy Me came out with a song "Shake" a few months back and I will never forget the first time we heard the song in the car! Jenny Beth turned the radio up and basically knew the chorus before the song was finished. WOW, God had given me in that very moment an opportunity to share with her what our salvation should mean to us. Then it hit me, like a ton of bricks! Do I relish in my salvation every day or am I so complacent that it is life as usual?  2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" We all like new things. We get excited to wear them, drive them or just make sure everyone knows we have a  "new item", but we don't always portray the newness we have in Christ. By goodness, we are a NEW CREATION! If we know Christ as a our personal Lord and Savior, we have something GRAND to be excited about....enough to "Shake"!

My walk as a Christian should be joyous. I should be so excited about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit that my life should reflect it. I should have the "glow" that Jenny Beth has when she sings "Shake"! My life should be so full of joy that when others look at me, they will want what I have. My prayer for you and I is Psalms 51: 10-12 , "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."

If you need some "pick me up" music, you should most definitely listen to "Shake". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJFA5Bitv7w   JUST "SHAKE LIKE YOU'VE BEEN CHANGED." Thank you Jesus for using my children to remind me of your goodness.






No comments:

Post a Comment