Translate

Saturday, February 1, 2014

A New Walk of Life

Esther 4:14, has come to be one of my favorite verses. It states, " For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. AND WHO KNOWS BUT THAT YOU HAVE COME TO ROYAL POSITION FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS." In this particular passage Mordecai, Esther's uncle is trying to persuade her to go before the king and plead for the very life of Israel.

As two of my children have entered into a new phase of their life with college, I am reminded by this passage that I have been set in this position for "such a time as this". My goal and I believe God's purpose with this blog is to encourage and lift other mothers up. I do not have all of the answers and actually as I am writing, I am struggling as a "MOM" to trust God with all of my heart. I know, I know, my secret is out. What must you be thinking? 

I always thought I would be prepared to enter this phase of my life with joy, excitement and relief, but I never anticipated the anxiety I would have. My husband and I have raised our children to love God, but now they are having to claim their own faith and not Mommy and Daddy's. This is where the "rubber hits the road". Their faith as we know it, is being defined. As parents, we want them to get it, to trust God that he will move mountains, but yet when your child is entering into the world....I have to question, do we (I) trust the God that says he will move mountains if I have faith?

I am defining today, that I will trust God. Proverbs 3:5-6 clearly states God's command to me and His promise. In this passage it says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." My prayer is that you and I will enter into this journey of blogging trusting God and embracing the position we are currently in, for "who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this."
Tyler Ard - Liberty University
Biblical Studies w/ Psychology

Sara Lynn Ard - University of Central Florida
Political Science w/ Pre-Law

                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment