Translate

Saturday, September 20, 2014

One More Year; Then She Drives


Psalms 46:5
"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day."

We are BIG on birthdays! Gary and I have always tried to make our kids feel special on their day of birth. Well, it is Jenny Beth's special day, maybe I should say month! She turns 14, September 22nd and it never really dawned on me how old she was getting until she said in an excited voice, "I can drive next year"! What?! Although I do not carry her on my hip physically, mentally I still do. Where in the world did the time go? I can still see her laying on the floor with that curly hair all amiss, her feet propped on the tv stand watching Barney.

She is my artist, my reader, my child when she has had enough of stupid...she let's you know! Jenny is fun loving, she loves hugs and she always tells me, "have I told you how much I love you" or "have I told you lately that you are beautiful"? I know, I know...she melts your heart! Mine too!

I look at her and I am in awe of her character. She is very mindful of others and their feelings, she is an encourager. You see Jenny Beth has a heart for others. It is funny how God uses your children to teach you or remind you of a quality that He wants you to work on. Matthew 22:39, "And the second is like it; 'Love your neighbor as yourself'." 

Happy Birthday
to my 
Brown-Eyed
Girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment