Translate

Monday, August 18, 2014

Outfit of the Day


Have you ever stood at your closet and said, "I don't have anything to wear"? I know I have... or you go through 5 outfits before you find one and then you still aren't happy! PREACH!! Oh and by the way, the picture above is not my closet. If only I could be that organized. I figure if you cannot see it, it is fine!

As Christians, we should get dressed everyday with confidence. Colossians 3: 12-14, "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, CLOTHE yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." It should never be a question as to what I put on in the morning. Just like I choose the right outfit from my closet, I should also choose to get dressed in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 

If I do not make compassion as part of my daily wardrobe then how do I expect to be kind or show patience to another person? I know for me, I have to continually get dressed with these qualities throughout the day. Look at verse 14 again, "and over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity". Love is that final accessory that brings the whole outfit together. 

If you have ever watched What Not To Wear, you know that Stacy and Clinton always talk about bringing the outfit together with accessories...a purse, shoes, necklace or bracelets in a contrasting color. They have said that it finishes the outfit and makes you look like a million dollars! Well, let's just think of compassion as our deodorant, it keeps us from stinking, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience is our outfit of choice, forgiveness is our belt, which tightens the clothing, then it is time to accessorize! We must put on LOVE as our splash of color. ACCESSORIZE...it is what pulls the whole outfit together!

It is just as important to get dressed spiritually every morning, as it is to choose the "outfit of the day"! 

1 comment: